Thursday, May 6, 2010

Literary Illustration


Project: Literary Illustration

Passage from: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Design Solution: I chose to illustrate the different emotions that were going through Elizabeth Bennett's head when she was proposed to be by Mr. Darcy. I wanted to keep a red palette, because red conveys intense emotion, and the shades and tints of the red varied based on the depth/strength of the language used to convey the emotions Elizabeth felt. The width of the red stripes also varied based on the intensity of the emotion.

This book puts an interesting spin on the original story of Pride and Prejudice. The Bennett sisters are proficient in oriental style fighting skills, and I tried to put a bit of an oriental flavor into the piece by making her face look like it has been painted white as that of a geisha.

Potential Improvements: I would have liked to have more time to work on a different background, but I spent the majority of my time figuring out the shape of the silhouette.

No comments:

Post a Comment